Top 5 accounting assistant interview questions with detailed tips for both hiring managers and candidates.
Accounting assistants support the accounting department by handling clerical tasks, such as phone calls, filing, reception, paperwork, fact-checking, and basic bookkeeping. Ideal candidates will have strong communication, computer, and accounting skills. Avoid lethargic or inattentive candidates.
Interview Questions for Accounting Assistants
1. What daily tasks do you expect to perform? What is the importance of this role?
Conveys job expectations.
2. How would you handle an audit or discrepancy?
Demonstrates computer skills.
3. Do you have experience with accounting software? Which ones?
Shows research and problem-solving skills.
4. Tell about a time when you successfully multitasked.
Shows the ability to manage time.
5. Describe your experience with applying accounting principles.