Top 5 accounting manager interview questions with detailed tips for both hiring managers and candidates.
Accounting managers oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, analyze, track, and audit financial information, and manage accounting staff members. Strong candidates will be analytical, thorough, and ethical. Avoid those who lack leadership skills.
Interview Questions for Accounting Managers
1. Describe your accounting and management experience.
Reveals more about work history.
2. What is the biggest mistake you’ve made or that was made under your leadership? How did you handle it? What did you learn?
Tests problem-solving skills.
3. Tell about a time when you made a change in the accounting department that had a major impact.
Shows problem-solving skills.
4. Describe how your greatest ethical dilemma as an accountant. How did you reach a decision?
Tests ethical reasoning.
5. What role does the accounting manager play in his or her department? What about in the company as a whole?
It JOBView All