Top 5 network engineer interview questions with detailed tips for both hiring managers and candidates.
Network engineers set up, maintain, and repair a company’s computer networks. Successful candidates will be highly technical and analytical. Avoid applicants who lack sufficient problem-solving skills or knowledge of network hardware or infrastructure.
Interview Questions for Network Engineers:
1. Describe some of the devices you’ve installed and configured.
Reveals more about the experience.
2. What is the most complex network you’ve worked with? What problems and solutions did you come up with?
Tests technical skills.
3. When handling multiple projects or problems, how do you assign priority? Why?
Demonstrates multitasking skills.
4. How do you begin troubleshooting network issues? What is the role of other IT staff members or vendors?
Reveals troubleshooting process.
5. Describe your experience performing testing and repairing networks. What do you find challenging about it? Why?